Come and eat the fish with me

There were two people, the lover and his friend finding something to eat. The lover found a fish which he cleaned, and then he called his friend.

Lover : Come and eat the fish with me. I have cleaned it and made a fire now it is
 cooking.

Friend : No, you eat it; let me rest.

Lover : Oh, come on.

Friend : No, let me rest.

Lover : But you are my friend. I will not eat unless you eat with me.

Friend : Very well, I will eat the fish with you, but you must first make me a promise. If I
  eat the fish, you must promise, pledge yourself, to fetch me all the water I can
  drink.

Lover : I promise.

And so the two ate the fish out of their kettle. When they had eaten, the kettle was rinsed out and the lover brought it back full of water. Greedily, the lover’s friend drank the water.

Friend : Bring me more.

Again, the lover filled the kettle at the river and again his friend drank it dry.

Friend : More!!!

Lover : Oh, I am tired. Cannot you go to the river and drank it form the stream?

Friend : Remember your promise?

Lover : Yes, but I am weary. Go now and drink.

And so the lover’s friend walked sadly to the river, sprang in, and lying down in the water with her head toward land, drank greedily. By and by she called out to the lover.

Friend : Come hither, you who have been my sworn friend. See what comes of your
 broken promise.

The lover came and was amazed to see that his friend was now a fish from her feet to her middle. Sick at heart he ran off a little away and threw himself upon the ground in grief.
By and by he returned. The lover’s friend was now a fish to her neck.