soal pilgan dan kunci bahasa inggris usbn


Questions 18-20  refer to the following text.
The Panda is a medium to large sized bear that like other species has a large head, short tail and a long muzzle with a large nose, which gives them an excellent sense of smell. The thick fur of the Panda is creamy-white in color with large patches of black on the limbs, shoulders, ears and nose, and distinctive black patches around their small eyes.

The Panda eats almost only bamboo and so, has a number of physical adaptations to help with its consumption. They have large jaws with strong jaw muscles that along with their flat molars, allow the Panda to crush bamboo stems and leaves in order to extract the nutrients.
The Giant Panda is a solitary animal that occupies a territory marked with secretions from scent glands and scratch marks on trees. Giant Pandas breed between March and May. The gestation period is around five months.


18.  What is the function of the text above?
A. to give information about the Panda
B. to describe physical appearance of the Panda
C. to tell about the gestation period of the Panda
D. to explain about the physical adaptation

19.  In relation to the food, what kind of physical adaptation does Panda have?
A. a large head with a large nose
B. black patches around their small eyes
C. large jaws with strong jaw muscles
D. secretions from scent glands

20.  From the text, we can get information that ...
A. The Panda likes creamy food
B. The Panda has various colour of fur
C. The Panda eats all parts of bamboo
D. The Panda doesn’t live in a large group
21.  They have large jaws with strong jaw muscles that along with their flat molars,
       The underlined word refers to ...
          A. Jaws
          B. Muscles
          C. Pandas
          D. Bamboes

Questions 22 to 24 refer to the following text.
Toronto is one of the largest cities in Canada. It is located in the province of Ontario. The special feature of Toronto is their downtown area that located underground. It covers about twelve square kilometers with many shops and buildings. There are five major shopping centers and a convention center with hotels. A subway and underground passage ways connect these buildings with each other and the street above.
The city’s architectural design is up to date and suit the weather in Toronto since the temperature fluctuates widely from summer to winter by as much as 40 degrees celcius within a year. This underground area has also helped to keep business in the city center instead of moving out to the suburbs, which is happening in many other cities. We think that makes Toronto a special place.
22.    What is the benefit of reading this information for people who visit the city for the first time?
A.    They will know the best season to visit Toronto.
B.    The visitor will know the best place to shop.
C.    They can navigate the city better with subway.
D.    They will know the best feature of Toronto.
23.    What so special about Toronto as a city?
A.    It has a lot of shops and shopping center.
B.    Its city center is located underground.
C.    The weather is steady in 40 degrees celcius.
D.    Its location is recently moved to the suburbs.

24.    The temperature fluctuates widely from summer to winter
         The underlined word can also be replased by ....
A.    brings
B.    crashes
C.    changes
D.    escalates
Questions 25 to 27 refer to the following dialog.
Lia
:
Tony, fancy seeing you here. You don’t usually ride the bus.
Tony
:
I know. My car’s is broke down, so I thought I’d give this a try.
Lia
:
Careful, you might got addicted. Riding bus is great!
Tony
:
Sure. If you like to wait forever and walk for miles.
Lia
:
The bus comes every 20 minutes. And it stops only a half-block away from our building. The best thing is the price: $15 a month with an annual pass. That’s less than a tank of gas.
25.    What are the speakers discussing?
A.    Commuting to work.
B.    Traveling on holiday.
C.    Transportation costs.
D.    Waiting time.
26.    Why Tony rode the bus?
A.    Because it is cheap.
B.    Because it is convenient.
C.    Because he is tired of driving.
D.    Because his car is being repaired.
27.    ... if you like to wait forever and walk for miles.
From this expression, we know that ....
A.    Tony is subscribed to the bus annual pass.
B.    The bus shelter located miles away from their homes.
C.    Tony doesn’t enjoy taking a bus ride.
D.    The bus takes forever to arrive.

Questions 28 to 30 refer to the following dialog.

Tessa
:
Hello, Fenny. This is Tessa. I’m not feeling very well today, and I don’t think I can come to work this morning.
Fenny
:
Sorry to hear that, Tessa. Will you come to work tomorrow morning?
Tessa
:
Well, I’m planning on coming to the  office sometime after lunch if I feel better today.
Fenny
:
I see, get well soon, honey
28.    What are they talking about?
A.    Lunch programs.
B.    Someone’s career.
C.    Activities for tomorrow.
D.    Someone’s health.
                 
29.    When does Tessa hope to come to work?
A.    At lunch time.
B.    This afternoon.
C.    Tomorrow morning.
D.    Tonight.
                 
30.     “I’m planning on coming to the  office sometime after lunch if I feel better today.”
         This sentence means. ....
A.    she will come in the afternoon
B.    she will be at the office at lunch time
C.    she’s going to work anytime she likes
D.    she’s going to come in tomorrow morning

Read the text and answer the question!

1. Prepare the iron, the clothes, a place mat or any flat surface board, some clothing hanger.
2. Plug the iron cable into an electricity socket and wait until the iron get warmer.
3. Place the clothes on the place mat.
4. Apply the iron on the clothes surface evenly.
5. Flip the clothes and apply the iron on the other side of the clothes evenly.
6. Put the clothes on the clothing hanger
7. Continue with another clothes.

31.  The most suitable title for the text above is ...
A. How to use electric iron
B. How to iron clothes
C. How to prepare iron
D. How to flip the clothes

32.  When we finish ironing one cloth, we should ...
A. place it on a mat
B. put it down on a laundry basket
C. plug in the iron cable
D. Put it on hanger

33.       Nina    : Where did you go last night, Martha?
Martha      : .... My sister delivered her baby there.
A.   I write a receipt for my patient
B.    I am undergoing an operation
C.    I've bought some medicine
D.   I was in the hospital

34.  Dora         :  I’ll go to supermarket.  ...?
     Mitha       :  Would you mind buying me from potatoes?
A.  Will you do me a favor?
B.  Could you get me something
C.  Could I get you anything
D.  Can I take you there

35. Hanna       : I really want to continue my study, but my parents can’t afford it.
       Safa          : What will you do then?
       Hanna       : …
A.  If I had a good change, I would try it.
B.  If I get a scholarship, I will enter the college.
C.  If my parents permit me, I will enter the university.
D.  If I studied hard, I could pass the examination.



kunci jawaban
13
C
22
D
18
D
23
B
19
C
24
C
20
D
25
C