uas ukk sma ma smk bahasa inggris

Text 2 (Questions 11-12)

JOB OFFERING
MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE
Indonesia’s fastest-growing children’s clothing company seeks a marketing representative. Position requires travel approximately one week per month, representing the company at conferences and media events.
Required qualifications:
•    a degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in marketing.
•    at least one year of experience in sales, preferably clothing.
•    excellent communication skills, including experience in giving presentations.
Mail your resume and letter to:
Suci Firza
Recruiting Coordinator
JAVATEXTHOUSE
Jalan Kolonel Sugiono 01
Sidoarjo 61256


11.    The above text is a kind of a/an ….
a.    letter        b.  memo       c.  invitation        d.  announcement         e.  advertisement
12.    Which of the following qualifications is mentioned in the above advertisement?
a.    at least two years of experience in sales, preferably clothing
b.    at least three years of experience in sales, preferably clothing
c.    a degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in business
d.    a degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in accounting
e.    excellent communication skills, including experience in giving presentations


13.    Indah    : I made a mistake in my performance last night. ….
Rosa    : That’s fine. It’s not that bad. You still could handle it, right?
a.    It was great                c.  I did not agree            e.  I was glad
b.    I was so happy            d.  I was so ashamed
14.    Heidy    : Don’t make me angry, Helmy.
Helmy    : I’m sorry. What are you talking about?
Heidy    : Don’t you remember?
Helmy    : No, I forgot.
Heidy    : Oh, please! You did not keep your promise to me.
Helmy    : Come on! Please, don’t be mad. OK, I’m so sorry, Heidy. I didn’t mean it. I forgot.
From the conversation, we know that Heidy expresses her … towards Helmy.
a.    sad        b.  love        c.  anger         d.  annoyance         e.  embarrassment
15.    Rosa    : Don’t bother me! I’m busy now.
Sister    : Sorry.
Rosa    : ….
Sister    : OK. I won’t disturb you anymore.
a.    I’m sorry            c.  I’m counting on you        e.  You make me pleased
b.    You make me happy        d.  You annoy me much

Text 3 (Questions 16-20)

The Poor Man and the Flask of Oil
There was once a poor man, who lived in a house next to a wealthy merchant who sold oil and honey. As the merchant was a kind neighbor, he one day sent a flask of oil to the poor man. The poor man was delighted, and put it carefully away on the top shelf.
One evening, as he was gazing at it, he said half aloud. “I wonder how much oil there is in that bottle. There is a large quantity. If I should sell it, I could buy five sheep. Every year I should have lambs, and before long I should own a flock. Then I should sell some of the sheep, and be rich enough to marry a wife. Perhaps we might have a son. And what a fine boy he would be! So tall, strong, and obedient! But if he should disobey me, and he raised the staff which he held in his hand, I should punish him thus!" and he swung the staff over his head and brought it heavily to the ground, knocking, as he did so, the flask off the shelf so that the oil ran over him from head to foot.

16.    The genre of the text is ….
a.    Spoof                c.  Narrative                e.  Hortatory exposition
b.    Report            d.  Analytical exposition
17.    What is the text about?
a.    The rich man          c.  The wealthy merchant              e. The poor man and the wealthy merchant
b.    The poor man      d.  The poor man and the flask of oil
18.    There was once a poor man, who lived in a house next to a wealthy merchant who sold oil and honey. (Par.1, line 1) The underlined word “wealthy” is similar in meaning to ….
a.    poor             b.  broke        c.  rich             d.  kind        e.  unfortunate
19.    What are the generic structures of the above text?
a.    identification - description            d.  general classification - description
b.    thesis - arguments - reiteration        e.  orientation - events - twist
c.    orientation - complication - resolution
20.    “… the flask off the shelf so that the oil ran over him from head to foot.” (the last sentence)
This part of the text is called ….
a.    twist             b. event        c.  orientation         d.  complication    e.  resolution

21.    Zahra plays the violin and piano (every Saturday night – in the school – regularly).
Arrange those adverbs into a good sentence!
a.    every Saturday night in the school regularly    d.  regularly every Saturday night in the school
b.    every Saturday night regularly in the school    e.  in the school every Saturday night regularly
c.    regularly in the school every Saturday night
22.    I must respect my parents and my teachers. The purpose of the underlined modal auxiliaries is ….
a.    permission         b.  obligation    c.  prediction         d.  possibility    e.  ability
23.    Shakespeare wrote Hamlet.
Change the sentence above into passive voice!
a.    Hamlet was written by Shakespeare.        d.  Shakespeare was written by Hamlet.
b.    Hamlet were written by Shakespeare.        e.  Shakespeare were written by Hamlet.
c.    Shakespeare was wrote by Hamlet.
24.    A letter … by my sister.
a.    will written         b.  will be written    c.  will be write     d.  will be wrote    e.  will wrote

11    12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20
E    E    D    C    D    A    D    C    E    A