makna ‘sedang’ atau yang tidak memiliki makna ‘sedang’.

Mencoba menentukan ungkapan yang memiliki makna dan bentuk yang menyatakan tindakan yang terjadi pada saat lampau, yang memiliki makna ‘sedang’ atau yang tidak memiliki makna ‘sedang’.
Berikut adalah kunci jawabannya.

Lina melihat Beni yang kakinya diperban. Lina bertanya,
Lina: “ Beni, what happened to your foot?”
Beni: “I tripped and fell while I was carrying the pillows up the stairs at home.”
Lina: “I hope you’ll get well soon, Beni.”

Udin dan Edo berjalan bersama ke sekolah. Udin bertanya,
Udin: “Why didn’t you join us to the picnic yesterday?”
Edo: “I was helping mom. She was making a lot of cup-cakes for the Papua community gathering in the community hall last night.”

Siti dan Dayu sedang di kelas sebelum pelajaran dimulai. Dayu bertanya kenapa Siti tidak mengangkat telponnya tadi malam.
Dayu: “Siti, where were you before you went to school this morning? I called you around six to remind you to bring my dictionary to school. But, nobody picked up the phone?”
Siti: “I’m sorry I didn’t hear your call. I was watering the front yard. Here’s your dictionary. I didn’t forget to bring it.”

Beni dan Lina sedang duduk bersebelahan di kantin sekolah. Beni bertanya kepada Lina,
Edo: “Lina, I came to your house last night to return your calculator, but your gate was locked.”
Lina: “Sorry. We were eating out to celebrate my sister’s birthday.”

Siti sedang bermain ke rumah Lina. Lina terlihat sedih. Siti pun bertanya,
Siti: “Lina, are you okay. What’s the matter with you?”
Lina: “I’m a bit worried about my mom and dad. When I got home from swimming yesterday, they were talking angrily to each other. “
Siti: “Don’t worry Lina. I think they were just arguing. It’s normal.”

Beni dan Udin sedang di sekolah setelah selesai mengikuti kegiatan Pramuka.
Beni: “You’re really good at tying knots.”
Udin: “Thank you. I was paying good attention while Kak Kemal was explaining how to do that to us.”

Ketika jam istirahat Siti tampak sedang menguap ngantuk, dan Lina
berkomentar.
Lina: “You keep yawning. Didn’t you have enough sleep last night?”
Dayu: “No. I didn’t sleep well last night. I didn’t sleep in my bed with my little sister, but in the long chair in the living room. My grandmother fell asleep there when she was reading a story to my sister. So did my sister.”

Para tokoh kita sedang berkemah. Dayu sedang siap-siap akan masak. Tidak jauh tampak Udin sedang duduk memegang jari telunjuknya. Ada beberapa mangga di depannya. Ada beberapa yang telah dikupas dalam panci. Ada satu yang tergeletak baru setengah dikupas. Ada pisau di dekatnya.
Dayu: “Udin, wash the pan for me, please. I need it to make fried noodle.”
Udin: “Dayu, sorry, I can’t. I just got a small accident. I cut my thumb when I was peeling the manggoes for our lunch.”

Sumber : Buku K13  Bahasa Inggris  kelas IX