WORKSHEET shock or surprised


1.            Have you ever heard something or news or information that makes you shock or surprised?
2.            So, what will you say?

Okay, there are kind of surprise’s expressions
Expressing surprise
Responding
·         Wow! What a surprise!
·         Yeah!
·         That’s a surprise!
·         It is.
·         That’s very surprising!
·         Yup!
·         Really?
·         Sure.
·         What?
·         It’s true.
·         Are you serious? You must be joking!
·   I’m serious.
·         You’re kidding!
·  No, I’m not.
·         Fancy that!
·         It is.
·         I must say it surprise me.
·         Does it?
·         I find it hard to believe.
·It is, isn’t it?

You can see in this dialogue
Ricko   : is that true that an earthquake hit our place?
Jarrot  : it is. By the way, didn’t you feel anything?
Ricko   : no, I slept soundly because I was very exhausted, you know.How big was the earthquake?
Jarrot  : about 6.3 magnitudes.
Ricko   : are you serious?
Jarrot  : I’m serious. Many buildings were broken down, and some were cracked. But I heard no victim was announced.
Ricko   : thanks god

Listen to your teacher and complete the following dialog based on what you have heard
Shelly  : so you’re nick’s cousin. (1)…, David.
David  : (2)… , Shelly. Nick has told me about it.
Shelly  : hope he told you something good about me.
David  : he did. (3)… , by the way, were you at school together with nick?
Shelly  : No, no, I’m three years older. (4)….
David  : (5)… , you don’t look a day over forty*

*) you don’t look a day over forty means you look much younger than your real age.

Read this dialogue carefully and answer the questions bellow
Asti     : whose motorbike is that?
Carol   : it’s Dania’s.
Asti     : are you kidding me?
Carol   : no, I’m not. I saw her riding that motorbike this morning.
Asti     : what a surprise!

Questions:
1.    Where do you think the dialogue is taking place?
2.    Who are talking in the dialogue?
3.    What do Asti and Carol talk about?
4.    What kind of the expression they used in the dialogue? Show the sentences!
5.    How do they express it?

Make a dialogue with your own group using two of these Expressions and Responding. Then, show your mini drama in front of the class:
Expressing surprise
Responding
·         Wow! What a surprise!
·         Yeah!
·         That’s a surprise!
·         It is.
·         That’s very surprising!
·         Yup!
·         Really?
·         Sure.
·         What?
·         It’s true.
·         Are you serious? You must be joking!
·  I’m serious.
·         You’re kidding!
·  No, I’m not.
·         Fancy that!
·         It is.
·         I must say it surprise me.
·         Does it?
·         I find it hard to believe.
·It is, isn’t it?

Made By Aphin
http://enjeloverything.blogspot.com/2010/06/lesson-plan-of-expressing-surprised_28.html