English final exam for eleventh grade




1.       They will stay in the hotel for two weeks. The interrogative form is....
a.       Will they stay in the hotel for two weeks?
b.      Were they stay in the hotel for two weeks?
c.        Do they stay in the hotel for two weeks?
d.      Did  they stay in the hotel for two weeks?
e.      Was they stay in the hotel for two weeks?
2.       My mother was cooking in the kitchen while.......
a.       I ate my noodle
b.      I am eating my noodle
c.       I was eating my noodle
d.      I have eaten my noodle
e.      I will eat my noodle
3.       They were studying in the classroom when.....
a.       The teacher came from office teacher
b.      The teacher was coming from office teacher
c.       The teacher comes from office teacher
d.      The teacher is coming from office teacher
e.      The teacher has come from office teacher
4.       My father is going to go to Bandung tomorrow. The interrogative form is...
a.       Does my father going to go to Bandung tomorrow?
b.      Did my father going to go to Bandung tomorrow?
c.       Is my father going to go to Bandung tomorrow?
d.      Was my father going to go to Bandung tomorrow?
e.      Were my father going to go to Bandung tomorrow?
5.       Arya :.........will you go?
Rida : i will go to Semarang
a.       How far    b. What    c. Where     d. When    e. Who
6.       Have you ever.......to Sydney?
a.       Go     b. Goes      c. Went     d. Gone    e. See
7.       Ana  : Have you received my gift ?
Ari    : yes I have,thanks it’s beautiful. Where....you buy them?
a.       Will     b. Can     c. Did     d. Do      e. Should
8.       The teacher....angry because the students...late yesterday
a.       Is,are    b. Was,Were    c. Be,were    d. Does, Do    e. Were,Was
9.       Rio ......taking his bag while his friends....going home
a.       Was,were    b. Is,are    c. Were,was     d. Are,is    e. Was,are
10.   I have..............my breakfast since three hours ago
a.       Make      b. Made     c. Makes   d. Prepare e. Prepares
11.   A : where do you go if you want to mend your shoes?
B : I go to the...........
a.       Hairdresser    b. Shoemarker     c. Shoemart     d. Plumber    e. Barber
12.   Could you tell me what is the duties of Lecturer?.............
a.       Teaching students in a school
b.      Writing for a newspaper
c.       Teaching university students and doing research
d.      Taking picture
e.      Working for the goverment

13.   Because of heavy rains, there....more grass and flowers than usual at this time of the year
a.       Is     b. Am    c. Are     d. Was     e. Were
14.   My sister often.... skirt and t-shirt
a.       Wear     b. Wears     c. Wore     d. Wearing     e. To wear
15.   My parent................English when they were alive
a.       Speak     b. Spoke     c. Speaking    d. Spoken    e. Speaks
16.   My brother is going to continue his study in Art Institute Surakarta. He want to be.........
a.       Manager     b. Waiter     c. Painter    d. Teacher    e. Dentist
17.   My mother ............my brother to go to school early every morning
a.       Ask      b. Asks     c. Asked     d. Asking   e. to ask
18.   Let’s ... together at my house
a.       To study    b. Studies    c. Studied    d. Studying    e. Study
19.   They are students,...........?
a.       Aren’t they?    B. Weren’t they?     C. Are they?    D. Were they    e. Don’t they?
20.   We have alot of books,.........?
a.       Haven’t we?    B. Don’t we?     C. Aren’t we   d.  weren’t we e. Do we?
21.   The machine is used for...the picture
a.       Printing     b. Print     c. Printed     d. To print     e. Prints
22.   He is excited about.....soccer.
a.       Play    b. Plays     c. Played    d. Playing    e. To play
23.   Tell him to stop.....in my living room
a.       Smoke     b. Smoking    c. Smoked    d. Smokes    e. To smoke
24.   Before....to Singapore, I prepare all of my needs by myself
a.       Go     b. Went     c. Going    d. Gone      e. Goes
25.   Have you finished........your garden?
a.       Water    b. Watered     c. Watering    d. Waters    e. To water
26.   This suitcase is.....heavy for me to carry
a.       Enough    b. Too     c. To      d. From    e. Also
27.   My money is much....for me to buy an expensive car
a.       Too     b. Enough      c. Also    d. With    e. For
28.   That man is strong.... to lift the boxes
a.       Enough     b. Too     c. With     d. For    e. Also
29.   The children enjoy playing and............
a.       To swim on the swimming pool
b.      Swim on the swimming pool
c.       Swimming on the swimming pool
d.      Swam on the swimming pool
e.      Swum on the swimming pool
30.   She likes buying anything in the market. She always spends her money there. She does it every weekend. I think her hobby is.......
a.       Writing    b. Shopping     c. Reading     d. Cooking    e. Buying
31.   Secretary : good afternoon, Al-Amin Corporation,........
Caller        : good afternoon........[32] to Mr Fais,please?
Secretary :......................[33] holding the phone for a moment, please?
Caller        :.....................[34]
Secretary : I’m sorry .Mr Fais is having a meeting now,.............[35]?
Caller         :yes. Please ask him to..........[36] after the meeting
Secretary : All right,.............[37]?
Caller         : No, thank you
Secretary :Ok, sir. ................[38] your message,bye
31.A. Would you like to help me?
b. Can I help you
c. would you mind
d. will you
e. coud I speak to
32. a. Will I speak to      b. Could I speak     c. Shall I speak     d. Will you speak    e. Would you
33. a. Can you    b. Would you mind     c. May I    d. Will you    e. May I
34. a. Don’t mention it     b. You are welcome     c. All right     d. How nice    e. How terible
35. a. Can i leave a letter    b. Can i leave a message    c. Would you like to leave a message
       d. Do you mind leave a letter    e. Do you mind leave a message
36. a. Call you later    b. Call you back     c. Call me back   d. call he back      e. Call they back
37. a. Anything else    b. Where else    c. Who else    d. When else    e. Something else
38. a. You’ll give him    b. I’II give him    c. He’ll give him    d. She’ll give him  e. We’ll give him
39.  there are a lot of students outside. ..............are standing under the trees
a. we      b. She     c. They     d. You       e. Them
40. where is my bag? I’ve been looking for......all over the class.
a. him      b. Her     c. It       d. Me      e. Them
KEY
1.a
9.a
17.b
25.c
33.b
2.c
10.b
18.e
26.b
34.c
3.a
11.b
19.a
27.b
35.c
4.c
12.c
20.b
28.a
36.c
5.c
13.c
21.a
29.c
37.a
6.d
14.b
22.d
30.b
38.b
7.c
15.b
23.b
31.b
39.c
8.b
16.c
24.c
32.b
40.c