CLASSROOM LANGUAGE

Greetings/Small Talk
-- Good morning everybody/class.
-- Good afternoon everyone/class.
-- How are you?
-- What’s up?
-- Have a nice day!
-- Let us wrap up for today!

Magic words
-- Please.
-- Thank you.
-- I am sorry.
-- Excuse me.
-- No, thank you.
-- Pardon.
-- I appreciate it.
-- You are welcome.
-- My pleasure.

Giving Instructions in class
-- Listen carefully.
-- Attention Please!
-- Look at me!
-- Listen to what your classmates are saying.
-- May I have your attention please?
-- I want everyone to look at the board.
-- Do you understand?
-- That is right.
-- That is what I meant. Let me say it again.
-- I mean….
-- You got it…
-- That is quite right….
-- This is what I want you to do…..
-- Can I help you?
-- Do you follow me?
-- Are you with me?
-- No daydreaming, listen to your classmates.
-- Here we go..
-- Can you speak louder, please? I can’t hear you.
-- Now let’s go/move on to..
-- Please pronounce each word slowly.
-- Go to active conversation/writing connection.
-- Please complete this section/part in 5 /10/…minutes.
-- Repeat each word after me.
-- Say it together.
-- Swap your book with the person next to you and…
-- Exchange your work with your partner.
-- Exchange your work with the person sitting next to you.
-- Can you check your work again?
-- Grade your classmate’s work.
-- Mark the work of person sitting next to you.
-- Ready? Are you ready?
-- That’s correct.
-- Let’s go/start.
-- Say it one more time.
-- Do you have any questions before we move forward?
-- Should I move on?
-- Is everything clear?
-- Any questions?
-- Can you repeat what I said?
-- Can you speak louder?
-- That is good but can you repeat it in complete sentence?