Expressing compliments

Anisa : Wow! That’s a lovely dress, Dinahyu. Is it new?
Dinahyu       : Yes, it is. Thank you.
Anisa : The color and the model really look nice on you.
Dinahyu :  Oh, do you really think so?  I am really fond of this dress.
Anisa :  Did you make it yourself?
Dinahyu :  Certainly not, Anis. My aunt gave it to me as a birthday gift.
Anisa :  Did she? What a good aunt you have!


Ways to say it: Expressing compliments

Expressing compliments
That’s a lovely cake.
That was a nice lunch.
You look good in that dress.
What a lovely garden.
You’re really a good cook.
You’ve done a great job.
You did it very well.
Well done.
You’re doing just fine.
You’re doing great.


Responding to compliments
Thank you.
I’m glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks. Do you really think so?
Thank you very much. It’s nice of you to say so.
I’m glad you like it.
Thanks a lot.