Look again at the text about ‘An excursion to
’. Pay attention to the
first sentence (i.e. All right, everybody, I’ll tell you about this great
place.) You can use this first sentence to open a conversation before you share
your past experience to others. However, you can also use greeting to open a
conversation and use leave-taking for closing. Bogor Botanic Garden
- Good morning.
- Good afternoon.
- Good evening.
- Good morning, sir.
- Hi, Lizzy!
- Morning, Jim!
- How are you?
- How’s it going?
- How are you doing?
- How’s life?
Responding to initial greetings
- Very well, thank you and how are you?
- I’m good/okay/alright.
- Very well, thank you.
- Oh, pretty good.
- Not too bad, thanks.
- Fine, thanks.
- OK then…
- I’ve got to go now.
- So, I’ll see you next week.
- I think I’d better be going now.
- Well, it’s time for me to leave.
- I think it’s already late at night.
- I must be going home.
- Good bye.
- Bye-Bye; Bye; Bye now; See you. Take care.
- See you later ---- Fine.
- See you soon ----- OK.
- See you tonight ----- All right.
- Good night.