soal bahasa inggris kelas X


1.    Oky    : Good morning, Mrs.Susi.
        Susi    : Morning. ...?
        Oky    : I am pretty fine, thank you.

a.    What are you doing
b.    How do you do
c.    How ’s life
d.    How’s your family
e.    Your nice

2.    Cika    : Hi, my name is Cika.
        Sita     : Hi, I’m Sita. You are Eka’s Sister, right?
        Cika    : Yes, how do you know?
        What does Sita mean?

a.    She hasn’t met Cika.
b.    She met Cika for the first time.
c.    She has known Cika
d.    She hasn’t met Cika.
e.    She doesn’t know Cika.

3.    Receptionist      : Good morning. May I help you?
         Dwi                   : My name is Dwi and I have an appointment with Dr. Juno at 10 o’clock.
        Receptionist      : Sorry, he is not in here now. ....

a.    He is treating a patient at the moment
b.    He was still on the way
c.    He was talking on the way
d.    He was good
e.    He is out of town

4.    Tony : Hi, Riska. What about going to Fatin’s birthday party this evening?
        Riska : I’m afraid I can’t. I am going somewhere with my mom.
        The underlined sentence is used to ....

a.    accepting an invitation
b.    ask for permission
c.    agree to do something
d.    express a surprise
e.    ask for an apology

5.    Son     : Dad, have you seen my report card?
Father : Sure, you are great, my son. I’m. ....
        Son     : Thank you, Dad.

a.    very pround of you.   
b.    ashamed of you.
c.    sad to hear that.   
d.    very disappointed.
e.    fed up  with you.

6.    Umi  : You look so gloomy, Rara. What’s the matter?
        Rara  : My farmland was destroyed by floods.
        Umi  : I know how you must feel.
        The undelined sentence is used to express ....

a.    hope
b.    choice
c.    invitation
d.    apology
e.    sympathy

7.    Customer  : ....
        Waiter       : Certainly, Madam. I’ll bring your drink soon.
        The best instruction is ....

a.    Get me a nice of napkin
b.    You make the cake too long
c.    I’d like some coffee, please !
d.    Don’t get me anything bad.
e.    I’d like a hamburger, please!

8.    Anton  : How do I look now?
        Alfin    : You look so handsome with that t-shirt.
        The second speaker shows her ....

a.    thank
b.    complain
c.    attention
d.    sympathy
e.    regret
9.    I think my first memories started when I was about three or perhaps four years old. I remember falling from a tree and breaking my arms. I think I was playing in the garden of the big old house we lived in. It was in a suburb of London. I can also remember starting school when I was five. There was a little boy called Thomas in the same class. He used to pull my hair when the teacher was not looking. One day I hit him on the head with a book and he began to cry. The teacher was very angry with me. I remember him saying, ”Little girls don’t do things like that”. But, since then Thomas never pulled my hair again.
        What kind of the text above?

a.    Report
b.    Recount
c.    Discussion
d.    Narrative
e.    Exposition
10.    What is the purpose of the text?
a.    To persuade the reader something is the case.
b.    To show the reader how something is made.
c.    To describe a particular place in detail.
d.    To retell the events in the past .
e.    To amuse or intertain the reader with actual experience.
11.    I think my first memories started when I was about three or perhaps four years old”. (the first sentence).
       What do we call this sentence?

a.    Issue.
b.    Thesis.
c.    Orientation
d.    Complication
e.    Resolution

12.    The paragraph above is about the writer’s ....

a.    life
b.    brother
c.    big and old house
d.    first memories
e.    friend, Thomas.

13.    The writer started studying in the school when she was … years old.

a.    three
b.    four
c.    five
d.    six
e.    seven 

Question no 14 -17
    The Hen with silver Eggs
            One day, in Arabic city, a woman went to the market and bought a beautiful Hen.
            A few days later to her surprise, the hen she bought laid a silver egg. If the hen could only be persuaded to lay more than one egg each day, the woman was sure she never have to work again.
            So the woman decide to make the hen eat more, so that it could lay more eggs. But the only result was that the hen died of indigestion and did not lay more eggs at all.
14.    What is the genre of the text above .…

a.    Narrative
b.    Recount
c.    Report
d.    Procedure
e.    Analytical exposition.

15.    What is the purpose of the text above?
a.    To persuade the reader something is the case.
b.    To show the reader how something is made.
c.    To describe a particular place in detail.
d.    To retell the events in the past .
e.    To amuse or intertain the reader with fairy tale story.
16.    Paragraph 3 mostly discusses about ....

a.    the hen’s eggs
b.    what the hen did for the woman
c.    what the hen eats to lay more eggs
d.    what the woman did to her hen
e.    why the woman wanted to get more eggs

17.    The hen died because it .…

a.    ate nothing
b.    was forced to lay egg
c.    ate too much
d.    was badly injured
e.    laid more egg

18.    From the text we may conclude that the woman was….

a.    active
b.    greedy
c.    miserly
d.    dangerous
e.    furious

19.    ”If the hen could only be persuaded ....” (paragraph 2)
The underlined words mean ….

a.    dangerous   
b.    brought   
c.    influenced
d.    commanded
e.    told

20.    Aziz   : “He drove his car very fast yesterday.”
         Lutfi   : “What did he say?”
        Zian    : He said that .…

a.    he drove his car very fast the previous day
b.    he was driving car very fast yesterday
c.    he had driven his car very fast the day before
d.    he has driven his car very fast the previous day
e.    he drove their car very fast the day before