Perbandingan keadaan sebelumnya (simple past) dan saat ini (simple present)

This is me when I was a baby. I was three point four kilograms and fifty two centimeters long. Now I am fifty kilograms and one hundred fifty centimeters tall. I was bald. I had no hair. Now I have long hair.
Membandingkan dengan keadaan saat ini

This is me and and this is Rani in Grade VII. We were not close friends at that time. We did not study together. We never played together. Now we are best friends. We study together, play together, and cry together, too.
Membandingkan dengan keadaan atau kegiatan saat ini

They are toy cars. I collected them when I was in elementary school. I do not collect toy cars now. I’m going to givethem to Ucok, my younger cousin
Menjelaskan asal mobil mainan

Hey, look! They are playing marbles. It was my favorite game in primary school. I played marbles everyday. But now I never play marbels anymore. I have so many things to do at home and at school. Did you play marbles too
Membandingkan dengan keadaan atau kegiatan saat ini

No, I did not likeMath because the teacher did not explain it clearly. But now it is my favourite subject because Mr. Sihombing explains it clearly.
Menjelaskan dan membandingkan

No. He is sick. He caught the flu yesterday. He walked home when it was raining hard.
Menjelaskan penyebab

Sumber : Buku K13 Bahasa Inggris kelas VIII